I have moved to Alberta; how do I insure my vehicle?

Posted by micsysadm on July 22, 2016

Contact your prior insurance carriers to obtain Insurance Experience letters (Letter of Insurance History). Compile as much history as possible for all drivers of the vehicle; we must have at least the past 6 consecutive years of history to provide you with the best premium.

Contact a Registry Office in your prior province(s) to obtain a 3-year driver’s abstract.

Obtain your Alberta driver’s license.

Contact our office to arrange insurance coverage.

If you are bringing your vehicle with you from another province, you will be required by the Registry Office to have an Out-of-Province Inspection Form completed in order to register the vehicle in Alberta (the inspection form is available at any Alberta Vehicle Registry Office, along with a list of approved inspection locations). NOTE: A completed inspection form is only valid for 14 days from the date the inspection form was completed.

If your vehicle is not from out of province but is 12 years old or older, you will be required to have a Mechanical Inspection Report completed by a certified mechanic.

We will require proof of ownership, your Alberta (or other valid) driver’s license number, your Letters of Insurance History, and an out-of-province 3-year driver’s abstract to complete the Application for Insurance.

Need help? Speak to one of our agents
1-866-467-1245  or  780-467-1500

COVID-19 Information

The circumstances around COVID-19 are rapidly evolving, and the health and safety of our clients and employees is at the top of our minds. Our office is currently closed to walk-in clients. We are committed to serving you through this event.

click here for more information and how you can obtain service without visiting our office